First UPC of Arkansas City,
Greetings to the First United Pentecostal Church of Arkansas City! In response to growing concern over the spreading of the current Coronavirus, we will be posting updates to service schedules and activities online on our website and Facebook pages as well as communicating via text and voicemail system. We would like to take a moment to go over a few temporary changes that are effective immediately.
Presently until April 30th we are implementing the following:
- Van Ministry will be temporarily suspended.
- Worship Service Schedule
- Sanctuary of Praise-10:00 a.m. on Sunday
- Wednesday Bible Study 7:30 PM- adult and youth class will be combined.
- Children’s Church- will continue as normal.
- Saturday Night Prayer- 6:00 PM
- If you are sick, please stay home. Notify a church member and we will pray for your recovery and healing!
- If someone in your home has been sick, please stay home.
- If you have recently traveled outside of the state and are ordered to quarantine, please do so. See the current executive order by our governor by clicking here!
Although we are making adjustments to our schedule, let’s first and foremost be reminded that GOD is in control – NOT Coronavirus. We must be mindful of our surroundings but ultimately put our FAITH in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! The coming weeks may still bring some difficulties as we are living in some uncertain times,however, it is more important than ever to stay faithful in all things. We now have an online giving option so we may remain faithful in our tithes and offerings, although we may not be present physically, this does help the church stay current on its financial obligations.
Please continue to pray for Pastor Milby as he continues to experience some physical difficulties. His cardiologist made some adjustments to his medication in order to improve his quality of life. We ask that you continue to keep him in your prayers.
Lastly, I will remind us that 2 Timothy 1:7 tells us: “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” God has given us His spirit of power to overcome fear, trials and situations, the spirit of love to have compassion on those in need around us and the spirit of a sound mind to use knowledge and wisdom available to us to make wise decisions!
Bro. Tim Milby II